Release Date: 05 Nov 2018
The latest release features a number of small changes that introduce improved notification handling, improved usability and a more stable environment in Getplanning.
So here's what's new....
- Some changes have been made 'under the hood' to improve the way we handle users that have been disabled in the system.
- Improvements have been made to notification handling for users set as Out of Office.
- We have introduced additional blank patterns to some indexes displayed in the application to improve the general user experience.
- We now offer a wider range of user information for Group Admin users when viewing other event users.
- Some adjustments have been made to subscription management to improve conversation notifications for all users.
- And as always, lots of small tweaks and minor fixes to ensure that Getplanning runs as smoothly as ever.
Release Date: 24 Apr 2018
In the latest release of getplanning, we've made it so much easier for you to create something new. Using the Create Menu, you can now add a new conversation, event or resource in an instant. You'll also find the new Document Signing tool that allows you to create and add signatures to your annotated documents. Not only that, but you can also 'bookmark' pages of your document to show other users where they need to sign!
There's also been a few changes 'under the hood' that guarantee you a smooth and steady ride as you travel through getplanning.
Want to know more? Here's the lowdown on What's New?...
- Meet the Create Menu, the simple way to create. A quick click on the Create Menu icon lets you add new conversations, events and much more to anywhere you have access to in getplanning. Show Me Simply select where you want your new creation to appear and voila - a new creation in an instant.
- Our new Document Signing tool makes it so easy to get your contracts completed.
- Create your own personalised signature in your account, and it'll be available to be accessed whenever you interact with an annotated document. Select your signature and sign with a single click! Show Me
- Add Bookmarks to pages in your PDF files to point users directly to the places they need to sign. Show Me Users can easily discover your bookmarks using the new Bookmarks toolbar - they can also mark a bookmark as 'Signed' by annotating the page, letting you know your documents are good to go! Show Me
- Changes 'under the hood' improve both speed and stability when adding files or discussions.
- And as always, lots of small tweaks and changes to ensure that getplanning runs as smoothly as ever.
Release Date: 15 Mar 2018
The latest release of getplanning contains a collection of small yet significant changes to the application.
Within you'll find a new round of language localization updates throughout the application, and with the addition of emoji support you can add expression to your conversations that is universally understood!
So here's a bit more about What's New?...
- Say it with a smiley face! Emojis are now supported in conversation comments, providing you with another way to express yourself whether your in the app or replying via email.
- We've been taking some extra language classes, with big localisation improvements throughout the application for all non-EN locales. This includes new translations for all features recently added to the application and also conversation areas!
- And as usual, some small tweaks and fixes to keep getplanning running smoothly.
Release Date: 12 Dec 2017
The latest release features so many new features and transformative changes that it's like a whole new getplanning. But don't worry, all your old favourites are still intact, they're just easier to use than ever.
You'll notice the different as soon as you log in with a brand new Home area that offers everything you could need at a glance, from one click account management to shortcuts to your most recently visited properties and events. And that's just to start. There are new fast navigation options, a unified newsfeed that offers all your updates in one place, more useful search and result filtering, the list goes on...
There's lots to discover so let's get started.
Highlights & Improvements
- When you log in to getplanning you'll start at the new Home area. It looks very different, but don't panic. You can do everything you used to and more, with timesaving improvements and clever new features.
- Jump straight into your most recently visited properties and events, Show Me or use the view all option to access anywhere you have access to. Show Me
- Managing your account now just takes a click, whether you're editing your details, setting an 'out of office' status, or more. Show Me
- Stay in the loop with a handy Latest Activity feed, displaying your 5 latest notifications from across all your events. Show Me
- A brand new look makes your options clearer and navigation easier, so you can spend more time planning and less time jumping through hoops.
- From 'need to know' to what's been happening while you were away, it's all right there in your new newsfeed:
- Your new user menu is an easier, clearer way to quickly move between the most important areas of getplanning. Show Me Easily access your new global areas, your Home page or switch to your admin areas with a quick click.
- We've loosened the shackles on our page limits when using the Document Annotations feature - you can now add PDFs up to 150 pages to be annotated.
- Admins will now find our smart new look when assigning access now extended to Key Contacts and Event User management areas. Show Me
- And as always, lots of small tweaks and minor fixes to ensure that getplanning runs as smoothly as ever.
Release Date: 8 Nov 2017
This release of getplanning is designed to make the everyday a bit easier. It might not be the most dramatic set of updates, but it includes improvements and new options designed to save time and effort in smart ways. From new annotation tools to new looks, file sizes to faster load times, let’s take a look at what’s new.
- For the obsessive note-makers amongst you, Document Annotations just got even more useful! Make sure the important details aren't missed and bring some color to proceedings with the new highlight tool. Show Me
- Admins will now enjoy a smart new look, clearer options, and a more responsive interface when dealing with event and area assignments. Show Me
- More to share. More to say. More to annotate. We've increased the file size limit to 30Mb so that you don't have to sweat the small stuff.
- Say hallo, bonjour, cioa, hola, and merhaba to new and improved language localization!
- Changes behind the scenes mean improved load times for Newsfeeds, so that you can get on with managing your events.
Release Date: 4th September 2017
With this release of getplanning you can share more than just information. Share ideas! Share feedback! Share the workload!
The new Document Annotation tool helps teams collaborate and ensures that important thoughts, feedback, updates won't be missed.
So let's get right to it...
- Share information, ideas, advice or anything you can think of with the new Document Annotation tool. Add notes and more to any PDF document or image easily, on desktop or mobile devices:
- Perfect for making sure you remember that sudden idea when working on the go. Click the Annotate File button when you're viewing a conversation with a PDF or image attached and share that eureka! moment. Show Me
- Share your thoughts and get everything down, with no limit on how many annotations you can add at one time.
- Add a sketch, some text, or both when creating annotations, with the ability to drag and drop your annotations anywhere on your current page using the Move function. Show Me
- Scribbling down an idea in a hurry? Correct small mistakes with the Undo button, without deleting all of your hard work, or use the Redo option if you go too far! Show Me
- Intuitive navigation options allow you to pan and zoom anywhere on the page, making it easy to add your annotations on any browser or device. Show Me
- Need the latest annotated version of a file in a hurry? Click Download Latest Version and you're done. Easy. Show Me
- Alternatively, see how thinking has changed and progress has been made with the ability to download any previous set of annotations. Just select the download icon next to any version displayed in the Versions area. Show Me
- If you need the original, don't panic! You can still download it without any annotations, just select the Original version from the Versions list when downloading. Show Me
- There has been some major restructuring ‘under the hood’ - this includes refactoring and cleaning up many areas in our codebase to ensure that getplanning continues to run fluently and efficiently both now and in future iterations.
- We have developed a new process for handling all email notifications. The new system provides improved functionality and stability, ensuring that your important notifications always arrive on time as expected.
Release Date: 3rd July 2017
With this release of getplanning we’re helping you to cut out the busywork and focus on the important things.
Smart new additions to the user interface make for quicker navigation, better management, and more information right there when you need it. There’s an overhauled area for those managing multiple properties, the return of an improved feature that’s long been an Admin favourite, and more...
- Admin users will be pleased to welcome back the Reports feature. This user-favourite is back and boasts some important new abilities:
- Managing your events has never been easier thanks to some great new changes and improvements for Admin users:
- Manage your event users effortlessly in the Users area of your Event Dashboard. A quick click on any user displays all the important stats you need and with a second click you can easily remove them from your event, without ever having to enter an Admin Area! Show Me
- Need to make a quick change to your event in an instant? Access to your Admin Event Dashboard always available from your User Menu when interacting within an event. Show Me
- Say goodbye to the Admin Area and hello to the Admin Property Dashboard. It may have a new name, but this area retains all the features you're familiar with now in an improved package. Show Me
- Spend a lot of time switching between multiple properties? Our new Admin Properties area allows you to directly access any Admin Property Dashboard you have access to from your User Menu. Show Me Search your 'admin' properties or get straight to work by clicking on an available property! Show Me
- Find out more about how your users are interacting with getplanning in our new admin User Show page. By clicking on any user from the Manage Users page of the Admin Property Dashboard you can now view when they were created, their last login date, total number of logins and much more! Show Me
- There's less busywork than ever now that you can upload and download multiple documents to and from your General Discussions areas.
- Help is just a few clicks away with our new and improved Knowledge Base. With helpful articles, step-by-step guides and an enhanced search engine, you can easily find the answers to the most common questions asked about working with getplanning.
- An upgrade to our servers and a reduction in the level of complexity in our codebase makes for quicker and more accurate experience throughout the application. Enjoy.
Release Date: 3rd May 2017
Work smarter rather than harder with a range of new, simpler solutions in this release of getplanning. Effortless multitasking, more efficient features, as well as improved speed and stability all help ease the workload, from downloading multiple documents to switching between recent events instantly for those with a lot on their plate.
So let's get to it...
- Why waste time waiting for document downloads? Get them all done at once with the new Download Multiple Files feature, even from multiple conversation areas at once. It couldn't be simpler...
- All of the documents you have access to in an event can now be found in one place - the new Download Multiple Files area. Show Me
- All of event documents can be searched, sorted and filtered in this area, making it a piece of cake to locate your important files. Show Me
- Just select the conversations you want to download and with a single click you'll receive them all in a single, convenient .zip file. Show Me
- Multitask more easily when dealing with multiple events. The new Recent Event Switcher provides you with direct access to (up to) 5 of your 'most recently accessed' events whenever you need it. Show Me
- Your 'most recenty accessed events' list can also include events at other properties, letting you make quick changes or comparisons in a snap. Show Me
- There's been big improvements behind the scenes cleaning up the codebase, meaning you'll see improved speed and stability when creating and using conversations in your events.
- Likewise, mailer images have been overhauled to remove any chance of broken images coming through in your email notifications.
Release Date: 7th April 2017
For this release of getplanning we've focused on making everyday tasks quicker and easier than ever, from navigation to dealing with documents.
Accessing your properties has never been easier with our new and improved My Properties area, while changes to Reference Documents let you focus on planning your events, not doing digital paperwork. Just read on to learn more...
- Reference Documents are now easier to work with than ever, thanks to some smart new changes:
- Any Reference Documents now appear inline with your conversations, with a smart new icon for quick reference. Show Me
- You can also filter your conversations by Reference to make your Reference Documents easier to find. Show Me
- We've included Reference Documents in the content counter in the event sidebar, so you should never miss when one has just been added.
- Now you can even find important Reference Documents by simply using search within your events. Show Me
- Got access to a lot of properties? Our improved My Properties area makes short work of finding the property you want to access with our new 'Search' feature. Show Me
- We've updated our Knowledge Base so you can find the answers to the most common questions asked about working with getplanning in an instant.
Release Date: 3rd March 2017
With this release we've focused on strengthening your journey through getplanning, keeping you better informed in your events and bringing some great new enhancements to the user interface.
Finding your way around getplanning is now easier than ever, with improved navigation throughout the application. You'll also discover enhanced Milestones and Notes areas, making it effortless to manage your deadlines and 'to-dos'.
You'll also find a whole host of other improvements, so let's get to it...
- Always beat your deadlines with our new and improved Milestone Dates:
- Only upcoming milestones are now displayed on the Milestone Dates tile, so that next deadline doesn't take you by surprise. Show Me
- Inside the Milestone Dates area, we've introduced some visual styles to help you differentiate between your upcoming and expired Milestones. Show Me
- The Milestones index is now set to display 'upcoming' dates first, allowing you to make your target dates your priority.
- Keep an eye on your event running dates with the new event 'Countdown' tile - this tile is available on your Event Dashboard when you are interacting with an 'upcoming' event, and displays exactly how much time is remaining before your event begins. Show Me
- Organising your notes has never been easier! You can now toggle your notes as 'Follow Up' or 'Completed' directly from your My Notes index, allowing you to manage your 'to-dos' on the fly. Show Me
- Get where you're going quicker with improved navigation throughout getplanning, including easier switching between your event resources, Admin Area and events:
- Easily find your way back to your events with the repositioned ‘Exit Admin Area’ button. Show Me
- Manage event resources from within your events without having to navigate through the Admin Area.
- Whether you're interacting in your events or the Admin Area, getplanning will always return you to the place you were before, making it much quicker and easier to continue with what you’re doing.
- New filters in your 'Users' areas allow you to view only Active or Pending users. Show Me
- Add a personal touch to your Event Dashboard by selecting an event Photo to be displayed on your Photos tile. Show Me
- New users now receive an improved activation email that provides better context and a helpful introduction to the software to get them started.
Release Date: 6th February 2017
Our latest update of getplanning by Hilton is a continuation of our efforts to improve searching, sorting and filtering throughout the software. Fresh changes made across the Admin Area now empower you to manage your events and properties more effectively, and managing your notes and conversations in your events is now easier than ever. On top of this, there have been the usual round of fixes and improvements that ensure that using getplanning is a consistent and enjoyable experience.
Here's what we've done this time around...
- We have introduced some great new additions to your Admin Area:
- You'll discover new 'sort and search' options when managing your Event Links Show Me and Milestone Dates Show Me from the Admin Event Dashboard.
- You can also filter your event milestones by 'Upcoming', 'Past' or 'All' when managing them from the Admin Event Dashboard. Show Me
- New 'sort and search' options will make short work of managing Reference Links, Documents and Comment Templates at your property.
- Want to edit your conversations without having to view them first? Simply select the 'cogwheel' icon displayed next to your listed conversations to start making some changes! Show Me
- Interact with a brand new Notes area in your events Show Me, with the ability to filter your notes by 'Follow Up', 'Completed' and 'All'. Show Me
- Easily manage your personal documents in our revamped My Private Documents area, with improvements such as a new 'Search' option and also the ability to sort your files by 'Date Created'. Show Me
- The 'Archived Events' area has had a overhaul both visually and 'under the hood', meaning that archiving and restoring your events is now simpler and speedier! Show Me
- You can now view testimonial videos from other getplanning users in the new 'Hilton Video Library', which can be found in your Help & Support dashboard. Show Me
- Easily interact with 'nested' conversation areas with changes across the board that make moving your conversations and adding multiple documents a simple task.
- We've made some minor changes to the mobile getplanning experience that makes 'planning on the go' even more effective across all devices.
Release Date: 5th January 2017
A new year also brings some exciting new changes to getplanning for both desktop and mobile users! In our latest release, we have introduced some great new ways for you to quickly locate your event Milestone Dates, Links and Users, and made some smart improvements 'under the hood' that make searching and filtering quicker and easier throughout your events.
- A brand new set of sorting and filtering options can be found in the following event areas - Users, Links, and Milestone Dates.
- Quickly filter groups of Users, Milestones and Links with just a couple of clicks. Show Me
- Search for Links or Milestones by using the new 'Search' filter, with the ability to further sort and filter your results. Show Me
- Sort your event Users by 'state' - Pending or Active - when viewing the event Users index. Show Me
- Mobile users can now experience new searching and filtering options throughout the application, and interact with our new 'filter' interface that makes viewing your event information on the go even easier!
- The majority of indexes throughout events have been completely reworked 'under the hood' to make getplanning a speedier experience when browsing through your events.
- There's been a slight change to the 'filter' interface in conversation areas - you'll still have access to the same filters as before, they're just a little easier to interact with! Show Me
- We have removed the 'By Comments' column in conversation areas to present you with a clearer and more concise information. Show Me
- There's a new 'filter' interface in your Newsfeed areas, allowing you to switch between viewing your read and unread notifications with ease. Show Me
- A small number of changes have been made to the user interface on mobile devices that make planning your events 'on the go' an easier and more powerful experience.
Release Date: 24th November 2016
Simpler and with improved support, your workday just got a little easier with the latest update of getplanning. Whether you're an admin with a lot to manage or a user who gets overwhelmed with notifications, new changes in this release should make it a breeze. We've even improved the interface to draw attention to the important things, but if you ever feel lost our new Help & Support dashboard is just a click away.
So let's get to it...
Don't panic. If you're ever unsure of what to do just select the Help & Support option found at the top of the screen where you'll find all the help you need in our new Help & Support dashboard. Show Me
Admins can discover a new and improved Users index in the Admin Area that allows them to:
Save time by filtering property users by role. Show Me
Sort and search quicker than ever.
Avoid long lists of users - the index now displays the first ten users within the property, but you can use the 'Load More' option to reveal them all. Show Me
Stay in the loop or leave with ease thanks to improvements behind the scenes that make subscription management a more stable and secure experience.
Manage conversations on mobile with just a tap! Tap a grey tick to turn it green and receive notifications for that conversation or tap a green tick to turn it back to grey and send those notifications away.
New and active users alike are now better informed, with a clearer document download area in conversations for active users and a more intuitive and informative activation page for those new to getplanning.
Comment templates are no just longer for VIPs! Any user can now create their own personal comment templates in the My Account area, for use as an instant reply in conversations. Show Me
Never miss a thing thanks to emails with more useful information and extra protection to make sure it doesn't get stuck in your spam filter.
We've also been improving user roles behind the scenes in order to increase both security and flexibility for new features that are currently in development.
Release Date: 24th October 2016
The latest version of getplanning is all about performance. Easier, speedier planning for those that know the value of time. We've continued to refine the user interface to be as clear and intuitive as possible, while a series of smart changes further improve the getplanning experience. We've also made some modifications 'under the hood', meaning you'll now enjoy improved speeds across all supported browsers. So let's jump to it...
- Introducing the new, upgraded My Events area:
- Find it fast. Event listings are clearer, more informative and easier on the eye. Show Me
- Get right to it by shortlisting your events by assignment or status such as 'live', 'upcoming', and 'completed' using the new 'Filter' option. Show Me
- Sort at high speed with improved response times and the ability to sort even filtered results.
- Pending activity is now displayed on your event listings, letting you spot events that have unread notifications at a glance. Show Me
- Substantial speed improvements to getplanning across all browsers make tasks like searching, sorting, and filtering quick and painless.
- The Latest Activity Feed now only shows your unread alert notifications, keeping your focus on the important things. Show Me
- A new event logo editor allows you to upload, crop, and proudly display your event logo the way it should be seen. Show Me
- The addition of running dates when assigning event access at your property and faster event archiving make things easier for Admins. Show Me
- New and pending users now receive contextually improved email notifications, including a new notification for when they successfully activate their account.
Release Date: 29th September 2016
Lots of little changes add up to a substantial improvement in this release of getplanning, with a focus on clarity and quick navigation that should make any task a breeze to complete. From simpler ways to access areas to the redesign of small but important features, this latest release of getplanning promises a user experience that is simply satisfying. But if you want to discover the changes individually, let's get to it...
- A clearer, simpler user interface makes using getplanning easier than ever:
- Create and edit at a click, with redesigned buttons throughout the application that are hard to miss. Show Me
- Easily edit your account or change your password with the improved interface in your My Account dashboard. Show Me
- Get more from your Event Dashboard ! Easily find what your looking for on our enhanced Links tile Show Me and use the new Milestone Dates tile to keep on top of important upcoming dates in your events. Show Me
- Jump back to your events from the Admin Area in a snap. Just hit the new 'Exit Admin Area' button. Show Me
- Enjoy your inbox in your own language as emails you receive from your properties are now translated into your preferred language. Show Me
- Get to grips with your subscriptions thanks to some straightforward changes:
- Managing subscriptions when editing a conversation is now a lot clearer.
- You now get an improved summary when adding new users to your conversations.
- When searching for a user you can now sort users 'By Organization'.
- New invitees now show at the top of your subscribers list once successfully added.
- A new uploading screen lets you know exactly what you're adding to your events when creating or managing conversations. Show Me
- You can now remove a file from a conversation while keeping your comments intact. Just select 'Remove File?' when editing your conversation to keep the conversation going. Show Me
- Not yet set your Key Contacts ? No problem! Admin users can now select the '+' symbol on the Event Dashboard to directly access the Key Contacts management area. Show Me
- Share something with everyone in the event, instantly. Just use the area switcher at the top of the page to jump to the General Discussions area, or use the new conversation filters to quickly find the General Discussion you're looking for. Show Me
- Stay safe in the knowledge that your account is secure, thanks to a new email notification when your password changes.
- Improved organization should make life a little easier for those users with a lot of large comment templates.
- No logo? No problem. getplanning now creates an appropriate default logo based on the event title to make it easier to spot and keep your dashboard looking complete.
- Mobile users can now enjoy a clearer design with less clutter, offering a beautiful user experience for any screen size.
Release Date: 18th August 2016
Based on your feedback we've been focused on creation and context this release, with improvements big and small throughout getplanning. We've created a great new way to add users to conversations that doesn't require you to navigate away from the task at hand. We also have a new set of emails for unactivated users, empowering you to spend less time chasing people.
We've also changed the way that newsfeeds and events are sorted so that the most important information is always the first thing you'll see. So let's get to it...
- Save time and effort with the introduction of a new subscription manager. It's easier, it's clearer, it's quicker. You asked for it and we delivered. Show Me
- Admins can now connect people to their events with just a couple of clicks, thanks to a much-requested way to add new and existing users while adding subscribers. No more navigating away from the task at hand. Show Me
- Keep everyone up to date, easily. Let your subscribers know when a new version of a document is uploaded or something is changing, with a new comment box when editing conversations. Show Me
- Not activated your account yet? New emails make doing so a snap, as well as keeping you up to date with what's happening within your events and how you're missing out on the full getplanning experience. Show Me
- Sometimes it's the little things. If you have a menu open, you can now click anywhere else on the screen to close it instantly, leaving you with less clutter to continue planning your events.
- Find the notifications you need, faster and more simply, with new and improved notification ordering that always puts the most important information first. Show Me
- Deal with a lot of events? Further improvements to the way events are sorted by date mean that you'll see your live events, then the upcoming ones, making them easier to navigate. Show Me
- More hard work 'under the hood', including a round of maintenance and codebase improvements, mean that getplanning performs more efficiently than ever.
Release Date: 22nd July 2016
We've been focused on discovery and visibility for this release of getplanning. You'll find changes that make it easier to find the users you need, get in touch, get the conversation going, and get involved. Subscriptions are more visible, and you can now find even more information about what's going on in your events in your Event Dashboard and email notifications.
To see all the details and discover additional improvements made 'under the hood' read on...
- Keep on top of who you're talking to, even by email. When you recieve an email notification related to a conversation you can now see a list of all the event users that are currently subscribed to it. Show Me
- Download documents directly from your inbox. As long as you are logged into getplanning and subscribed to the conversation, you can now download documents from an email notification with a single click. Show Me
- More information with less clutter. We've reworked the Event Dashboard to offer more event information. You can still access the same tiles, but there's now also an expanded Event Overview area for all the insight you need. Show Me
- Keep on top of it all by downloading all of your event Milestones to your calendar in one go. All it takes is a quick click on 'Add Milestones To Calendar', which can now be found in the 'Milestones' area of the Event Dashboard. Show Me
- Emails are clearer than ever thanks to more context in email notifications, more consistency across all email clients, and the removal of the 'no-reply@' email address that proved confusing.
- Seeing a '404' or '500' error will soon be a rare occurrence, but if you are unlucky enough to land on one they now contain helpful information to get you back to where you needed to be.
- We've been hard at working 'under the hood' further improving our codebase with a clean up of assets and models. Put simply, you can expect better performance and less chance of those annoying error pages.
Release Date: 4th July 2016
For this latest release of getplanning many of the changes and improvements have been powered by you. We've been listening intently to all the feedback that has been passed on to our support team and through our channels, so that we can use it to ensure that this new version of getplanning boasts a better user experience than ever before.
But that's not all... We've also been hard at work 'under the hood' improving and maintaining the code that underpins the application for maximum reliability and performance, as well as plenty of minor tweaks and fixes to make everything run like clockwork. So read on for everything new this release...
- You spoke and we listened. So here are the latest user-requested enhancements to getplanning:
- If you have unread alerts you'll now see an 'alert bubble' on the pulse icon that marks your Latest Activity Feed. Show Me It will also contain a number, so that you can quickly see how many unread alerts you have in the current event, all in an instant.
- Quickly checking that you're at the Event Dashboard for the correct event is now even easier thanks to the addition of an event logo on the 'Overview' tile. Show Me So, whether you have access to multiple events or are an Admin navigating between the public and admin event dashboards, you'll always know exactly where you are.
- 'Datepickers' have been localised based on your language choice in-app, so whether you're used to MM-DD-YY, DD-MM-YY or YY-MM-DD, we've got you covered!
- Need a hard copy of a conversation? Not a problem. We've made some tweaks 'under the hood' to allow you to print conversations, in various print styles, via your web browser.
- No matter how good getplanning gets, there's always room for improvement. So here's the most recent rundown of improvements based on your feedback and suggestions:
- It's even easier to stay in touch across the world as you can now submit a ‘.’ within a cellphone number when managing user accounts.
- We've made our ‘Search Event’ feature easier to find on your event sidebar, as well as adding a 'spyglass' icon to identify it at a glance. Show Me
- Our ‘Knowledge Base’ has proved helpful for new and existing users alike, so we've made it more accessible to all users. By simply clicking on the new '?' icon, which is displayed in the header bar of every area of getplanning, you can easily find helpful information about using the application. Show Me
- Default timezones have returned. When setting up a new user at your property, their timezone will be set to the same as the property by default. They can always change this in their account settings if needed.
- Key Contacts are back in the loop! New Key Contacts will now receive a single email notification informing them of their new role when the Key Contacts are updated in-app.
- In addition to all of this, we've been hard at work 'under the hood' with further codebase maintenance, migration and refactoring of models and assets. In other words, getplanning is faster and more stable than ever.
Release Date: 14th June 2016
With this newest release of getplanning by Hilton there is more than may meet the eye at first. Much of the work has been done 'under the hood', meaning that you can expect an even faster and more stable getplanning than ever before, but there has also been plenty of subtle changes to make life a little easier by giving our users more flexibility. As well as a whole host of helpful changes, mobile app users now have all the features of the desktop version at hand, so users can expect the full getplanning experience anytime, on any device, anywhere in the world.
- Why should desktop users have all the fun? Users of the getplanning + app will find that it now boasts all of powerful features that were unveiled in the last mobile release. That means all the features of desktop at your fingertips with push notifications now active on iOS devices to ensure that you're always in the loop and up to date, no matter which device you choose to use. Not already an app user? The getplanning + app is available from both the App Store and Google Play Store now.
- Share documents with everyone, instantly. If you've got a document that all event users may find useful you can simply upload it as a new conversation in the 'General Discussions' area. No need for long descriptions, just upload the file and let other event users access the information and start commenting.
- Admins no longer have to wait on users with accounts pending activation. They can now be managed along with active users and will even receive email notifications about activity within any conversations they are subscribed to. Better yet, opening getplanning from those emails will also guide them through the account activation process. So even if the original activation email gets missed, added users won't be left out of the loop and administrators won't have to spend time resending emails or chasing unactivated users.
- Get the conversation going even if you don't have all the information to hand. You can now start a conversation with just a title. Just add your subscribers and come back to it later to add documents or more information in your own time.
- Email address too long? It's no longer an issue thanks to an update that now allows extended email addresses to be added anywhere in the the application.
- Enjoy better performance than ever thanks to some substantial changes under the hood such as cleaned up models and code for conversations. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy the extra speed and stability.
Release Date: 24th May 2016
The most recent update to getplanning is all about better communication - between desktop or mobile users, of ideas and achievements, and even with our support team if you ever need them.
Mobile users will experience a brand new interface for mobile browsers, with extra features previously found only on desktop.
We haven't forgotten desktop users though, as everyone can now track their event signups, progress, and other achievements with the new downloadable Milestone feature. We've also made some important changes to conversations to ensure they flow more naturally thanks to a whole host of improvements. And if you ever do find yourself unsure of how to use a feature within getplanning you now have access to instant help, 24/7.
So what are you waiting for? Read on for all the juicy details as well as the many ways that getplanning continues to improve and evolve...
- Isn't it wonderful to be able to have both form and function? Our brand new interface for mobile and tablet users makes using getplanning via mobile browser a pleasure. Show Me Not only does the redesign make for easier, happier browsing, but it also boosts the mobile feature count to rival that of desktop users with a new Document Upload, interactive Admin Area, and much, much more! Show Me
- Decide what's important to you! Statistics can be cold and routine, but Milestones mark important points and impressive achievements in the life of your events. You can now download individual dates by simply selecting the Title or Date of the appropriate Milestone from the Milestones index Show Me, and the addition of property names to your individual calendars in Outlook mean they'll always end up in the right place.
- Feeling lost? If you're ever unsure of what to do next our new Live Chat feature allows you to contact our dedicated support team instantly, person to person. Show Me They're available to answer questions or lend a helping hand day or night, 24/7 (when available), so that incredibly important thing you were doing never has to wait until morning or after the weekend.
- Communicate more clearly and quickly thanks to a number of improvements we've made to ensure that conversations flow more naturally than ever:
- Nested conversation areas now work better when also using Add Documents, for easier information exchange.
- You can now view and filter subscribers by their Title when assigning subscriptions, saving time.
- Quicker encryption when uploading documents means less time waiting for uploads and more time focussing on content.
- File support now also includes both .dwg and .pages files, meaning you never have to worry about document compatibility.
- Conversation related email notifications now give context at a glance with the associated property name visible in the header.
- Don't wait around for users whose account activation is still pending. Add them as subscribers to conversations at the same time as everyone else and they'll receive email notifications of your event activity.
- Mobile phone numbers provided by users will only be displayed in the application when the user is assigned as a Key Contact for an event.
- Colour now creates context. Your Latest Activity Feed now indicates what type of notifications you have pending - any new or unread activity is now indicated by an active pulse and a blue notification in your feed, while those important unread Alerts are hard to miss as a red notification.
Release Date: 15th April 2016
The latest release of getplanning by Hilton may not be packed with flashy changes, but the combination of all those small interface tweaks and bigger changes beneath the hood add up to a more fluid, productive user experience. For example, tidier, more efficient code means users can expect more stability and better performance throughout the new version of getplanning. You might also notice lots of subtle improvements throughout the software, including important changes to the Admin Area interface to make navigation quicker and easier. iOS users will also be happy to discover that we've introduced push notifications to help keep you up to date and in the loop.
As for everything else, just keep reading for all the ways getplanning just got even better...
- The getplanning by Hilton app (GP+) for iOS and Android is here! Designed to get the most from your iPhone or Android mobile device, you can now enjoy simple, effective event planning anywhere, anytime. Find it in the iOS App Store and Google Play Store today!
- Why take more steps than necessary? The Admin Area has received some new touches to help with speedy navigation, allowing you to quickly dip in and out of your events when you need to. Show Me
- The changes don't stop there. We've also made the Event Configuration Dashboard more distinctive to help you immediately identify it, exactly when you need it. Show Me
- We've simplified the process of editing links and milestones when interacting within an event. Simply select the cogwheel icon next to your link or milestone to begin your configuration. Show Me
- Experience a new and improved user interface when configuring users. Resending activation emails is now easier than ever Show Me and assigning access to multiple events Show Me or areas Show Me when configuring users is now a breeze.
- iOS Users will never miss a thing with new push notifications. Stay up to date and in the loop with everything happening in your event conversations and more, even when you're on the go.
- Need a hand? We've added additional 'help content' throughout getplanning to ease the transition from previous versions and ensure that you get the most from new features. So whether you're looking for help on creating conversations or just general information on what you can do in each area of the software, never fear.
- More characters mean more information, so we've expanded character limits throughout getplanning, allowing for longer titles for events, users, conversations and much more without worrying about a character count.
- We've removed the cropping of event logos, meaning you can show off your full event logos to everyone in My Events.
- Our Photos section just keeps getting better with the most recent improvement ensuring that all images are displaying in full, and in all their glory, when viewed in the gallery.
- We've further strengthened the foundation of getplanning by removing a lot of old code within the application, offering you a sturdier, speedier experience throughout.
The new getplanning by Hilton has arrived!
Over the past 6 months we have been developing a brand new version of getplanning by Hilton to replace the current application, and your feedback has been crucial to helping us do that. We are pleased to announce that as of today (9-March-2016), we have rolled out the all new getplanning by Hilton. There's lots to discover...
A Fresh, Sleek New Design
- Powerful sorting and filtering of your events, documents, and conversations.
- Clear, visible notifications and newsfeeds, to keep you informed.
- My account area, where you can set out-of-office, update your bio and headshot, and more.
Get More Done, Faster.
- Quick switching between events and conversation areas, to save you time.
- One-click downloading of files & documents where ever you see them.